About me

I've been writing stories for years. I think I'm a good writer and I'm willing to bet you'll feel the same way. So here they are. Enjoy them, comment on them, tell your friends about'em, reblog them, retweet them, reread them. I have four stories in my archive so far:
"One day on the Mountain", a story of Lycanthropy, a father, and a son.
"The Boy", a story of a very ambitious and sociopathic fifth grade boy.
"The Easy Girl, A story of infidelity and unpaid sexual debts. This story is very dark.
"Brick The Mighty", a story of an aging superhero.
Although this is primarily a blog of horror, I also write about things that are important to me. I have more stories tucked away; they just need editing. There's even a few novels. There will be more to come.
PS. Feel free to leave a comment. I love comments.

Wednesday 20 April 2011

The inaugural post

I write horror.
   Sounds simple, no?


   In the coming weeks I will be putting up horror stories on this blog. I think they're very good. I'll also be improving the appearance of this blog so it won't look like it's five minutes old (at the time of this writing, it is five minutes old.)  I want you to read them, comment on them. I think I have something to say.


    I've been a horror fan all my life. As a child I was a late reader, but what got me reading was a copy of The Dark, by James Herbert, which I found in my Grandfather's study. It had loads of the old ultra-violence, and made me realize that you could envision anything in books. I was having trouble reading because of a rough childhood, but the stories I had to read weren't cutting it. They were about dragons  wandering through flower gardens, and kids playing ball and petting kitties. Horror taught me that I could love reading. If I ever meet James Herbert, I'm going to thank him. That violent and gory book was meant to frighten and horrify, but in my case James Herbert failed. In my case, his book taught a little boy how to read. 

   
  So that's it for now. There will be more to come.


    Sincerely,


              Mac Campbell

No comments:

Post a Comment